The main aim of introducing NCC in JNV is to develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and the ideals of selfless service amongst the students to create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth and to provide leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation. In JNV where NCC facilities are available, a suitable environment should be created to motivate the students to take up a career in the Armed Forces. Proper safety precautions to be taken while sending the cadets to attend various NCC Camps. NCC Day is celebrated on 4th Sunday of November every year.
All the efforts are to be made to begin NCC for both boys and girls in consultation with NCC directorate of the concerned district.
1. Yearly training parades were conducted.
2. 60 cadets attended ATC (Annual Training Camp).
3. NCC cadets participated in Independence parade at Mysore ovell ground and received 2nd prize in March past competition among 14 schools.
4. Received 3rd prize too at Republic day parade, Bannimantapa ground Mysore.
5. 44 cadets appeared ‘A’ certificate exam.
Total strength of NCC – 100 (1 troop). Under 4 KAR / AIRSQN Mysore.