ADOLESCENCE EDUCATION PROGRAM
A unique program which aims at educating children about their growing age, physiological-psychological changes and concerns, handling stress , developing self confidence, self respect and respecting opposite gender.
Objective of A.E.P
- Give authentic information on physical and psychological changes, prevention of AIDS, STD and smoking.
- Developing abilities and skills in students to protect them from risky situations, e.g. thinking skills, self-awareness, interpersonal relationship, communication and negotiation skills, problem solving and decision making etc.
- Develop mutual respect among boys and girls.
- Promoting responsible behavior for sound health.
- Develop ability among them to manage examination related stress, anxiety and personal problems among themselves.
- Promote among the young students a healthy and responsible life-style and share their concern on all such matters among themselves.
Activities related to A.E.P
- Collection of primary data from students concerning adolescence through questionnaires.
- Meeting with the parents to know the areas of interests and concerns of their wards.
- Organizing lectures and interaction sessions.
- Making posters and models.
- Organizing awareness campaigns.
- Inviting doctors and counselors to answer the queries of children regarding health and various aspects of adolescence.
- Conducting tests (questionnaire method) to judge the extent of learning about the program.