PACE SETTING ACTIVITY
JNV, Mysuru celebrated National Education Day on 11th November 2018 in a befitting manner with a number of meaningful programmes. A team of students visited the nearby village D.M.G. Halli along with the Principal, Sri. Madhusoodanan J, Vice – Principal Sri. Samuel Navaneeth Raj, and a few members of the staff and arranged a rally. Students interacted with the villagers and conducted a survey on the literacy level of the inhabitants of the village. With their slogans, students spread the message of the importance of education, especially women’s education, for the betterment of the country. Various competitions like Essay writing, painting etc. were organized for the students in the Vidyalaya, with topics, “ India, the emerging global leader – Role of education” and “Education for social change”.
Pace setting activity related to SBA at beerundi 2018-19
JNV Mysuru to play the role of a pace setting institution in the field of school education in the districts. One of the specific objectives of the NVS has been to enable Navodaya Vidyalaya to serve in district as a focal point for improvement quality of school education in general through sharing of experience and facilities.The aim of the pace setting activities is to “galvanize academic, social, cultural and community oriented environment of school” in the vicinity.
By virtue of having a highly qualified and competent team of teachers, state of the art laboratories and IT infrastructure, teaching aids and sports equipment and rich library. Though the ambit of pace setting activities is pretty vast and much of the activities will depend on the ingenuity of the Principal and their team. Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme attributes a specific pace-setting role to Navodaya Vidyalayas to play, to achieve high levels of excellence through qualitative academic results,
communicative and linguistic ability of the children, competitive spirit and capability, innovative learning practices, development is correct attitudes and values that help children to groom themselves to become useful, active and responsible citizens of the country. While achieving these goals, adequate care is taken to ensure that the children keep their link with the local community around them and contribute for furthering these values in the neighborhood and community.
- Socio Economic survey of nearby hamlets
- Extending health help line to the backward villages.
- Malaria Eradication Programme.
- Pulse Polio Campaign, Literacy Campaign.
- World Aids Day. 6. Campus Cleanliness Programme.
- Awareness about corruption (Vigilance week celebration).
- Population Education Programme.
- Participation of local school teachers and students in workshops, seminar and CCA competitions.
The Vidyalaya always has a vision of serving the community. It regularly involves itself in various pace setting activities. It serves the surrounding villages and village people in various ways. Some of the Pace Setting Activities are given below.
- Cleanliness Awareness Activities were organized in the neighbouring village, Beerihundi & G B Saragoor with the help of 7th class students and staff.
- Vidyalaya arranged general health check up for students and teachers.
- Adolescence and HIV AIDS awareness programme for students and teachers of the Vidyalaya.
- Programme on Awareness about first aid student and teachers of Vidyalaya.