YOUTH PARLIAMENT COMPETITIONS
With a view to strengthen the roots of democracy, inculcate healthy habits of discipline, tolerance of the views of others and to enable the student community to know about the different procedures of Parliament, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in consultation with NVS, introduced the scheme of National Youth Parliament competition in JNVs.
Youth parliament has a special importance in developing an insight in the youths. Thus, the purpose of having Youth Parliament in NVS is
- To make the students understand the parliamentary procedure.
- To develop the students an insight into the working the parliamentary affairs.
- To make students consider public issues and form their opinion on them.
- To train students in the technique of group discussion and to arrive at a decision after group discussion.
- To develop them respect and tolerance for the views of others, respect for rules, and to train them in group behaviour.
- To make students aware of various problems being faced by our society and our country.
- To develop in students the qualities of leadership.
- To make students comprehend the common man's point of view and express it in an articulated manner.